What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Our Finance consultants help clients optimize all elements of their finance organization, including operating model design, sustainable cost reduction, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, financial systems architecture, and full scale finance transformation. This high performing team helps CFOs identify, design and implement programs that transform their finance function to meet today’s demanding requirements while continuing to provide value added insights to the business.
Minimum Education/ Certification
• A Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to their tasking.
• These individuals shall possess a minimum of eight years of experience in leading change management, strategic communications, business process reengineering, or financial management systems implementation initiatives.
• These individuals lead and manage multi-task projects of high complexity. They assign work tasks to team members, oversee and direct team member efforts, and develop, maintain, and monitor and control work project plans. They direct the completion of projects within estimated time frames and budget constraints, coordinate project specific parties, and review and approve work products for quality, completeness, and adherence to customer requirements. They interface with the client on a daily basis, and deliver presentations and lead client meetings.
Applying knowledge of accounting / auditing standards, regulatory requirements relevant to internal controls, and project management, responsibilities will include directly performing and providing oversight of other team members in multiple tasks including the following:
• Documenting, testing, and assisting with the remediation of IT General and Application controls for IT applications to be included in the scope of an SSAE 18 Type II Service Organization Controls report. The work will be performed in a manner consistent with a financial statement audit, SSAE 16/18 examination, and/or OMB Circular A-123 (Appendix A) requirements.
• Reviewing DoD and commercial SSAE 18 Service Organization Control reports for compliance with DoD policy requirements and preparing scorecards against these criteria for review by executive leadership. The reports will also be reviewed for changes in complementary user entity controls (CUECs), sub-service organization dependencies, changes in complementary subservice organization controls (CSOCs), and recurring testing exceptions.
• Updating templates containing CUECs and CSOCs from DoD-impacting SSAE 18 reports. As needed, update baseline / standardized control description to address the CUECs and associated test plans.
• Assisting in addressing auditor requests for documentation by reviewing submitted requests, routing the requests to appropriate organizations, reviewing the responses provided, and delivering the information to the auditors.
• Reviewing IT related notifications of findings and recommendations (NFRs), resulting from financial statement audit and SSAE 18 examinations, assist with categorizing the NFRs, and assessing the status of corrective actions.
• Reviewing system user access listings to identify common data elements for use in developing a standardized master user record and identifying conflicting access rights.
• Interacting with government personnel on a regular basis to provide updates on status and assist in preparing briefings for executive leadership on an as-requested basis.
All work is considered local and is to be performed at the client site in the National Capital Region due to contractual requirements.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• Experience with DoD.
• Experience supporting Financial Management and IT control projects.
• Experience with DoD RMF requirements and NIST 800.53 / CNNSI 1253.
• Experience in coordinating timely collection, review, and submission of documentation to fulfill auditor requests.
• Experience in facilitating site visits and walkthroughs.
• Experience in reviewing consolidated audit observations/NFRs and facilitating meetings between auditors and entities to discuss results.
• Experience in preparing Management Representation Letters.
• Experience in providing leadership with insight into audit progress, findings, impediments, and successes.
• Experience working on SSAE No. 18 and financial statement audits.
• Experience documenting, testing, and assisting with the remediation of IT General and Application controls. This experience could be through financial statement audit, SSAE 16/18 examinations, and/or OMB Circular A-123 testing.
· This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
· The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
· U.S. citizenship required.
· Interim secret clearance or higher preferred.
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.