What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Guidehouse provides management, technology, and risk consulting to clients around the world through more than 1,600 professionals in over 20 locations. At our core, we focus on building trust in society, solving important problems, and having a seat at the table for our clients’ most pressing matters. Formerly PricewaterhouseCoopers US Public Sector, Guidehouse provides the exceptional quality our clients demand with the agility and innovation to go beyond the expected.
The Internal Controls experienced associate will be offered the unique opportunity to observe and improve the way a major Federal agency operates. The candidate will support purchase card reviews through advanced analytic techniques and interviews. Other responsibilities will include:
• Preparing and delivering briefings to senior leadership
• Reviewing audit reports, business process internal controls, and supporting financial documentation to identify risks to the organization, such as lack of effective controls or substantial non-compliance with laws and regulations, and provide recommendations
• Recommending corrective actions which may include performing analysis and reconciliations of financial transactions; documenting business processes and internal controls; and providing training to business process owners
• Researching fiscal statutes, regulations, and oversight guidance
• Managing communications with internal and external entities
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience (0 years required with an advanced degree)
• Demonstrated experience in a federal financial management function such as an accountant, financial auditor, financial analyst, or financial system analyst
• Has the ability to identify and address client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
• Demonstrates the ability to assist in the development of client deliverables and supporting solution methods prescribed by supervisors and managers.
• This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification (Public Trust).
• Certified Public Accountant or other professional financial certification
• Demonstrated ability with business intelligence and performance management software tools
• Experience with a Federal purchase card program
Security Clearance: Public Trust
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.