Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society’s most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Responsibilities: Guidehouse, LLP helps federal, state, and local governments solve complex business issues, manage risk and add value in financial management, program management, operations improvement, and security and data management. In today's changing environment, the public sector is seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies.
Guidehouse LLP provides management consulting, technology consulting, and risk consulting services to help federal, state, local, and international government agencies anticipate and address these and other complex challenges.
Guidehouse LLP is one of four organizations to receive the 2014 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The Baldrige Award is the nation’s highest Presidential honor for performance excellence, recognizing U.S. organizations for superior quality and world-class results across six categories defined by Baldrige including Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Focus, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management, Workforce Focus, and Operations Focus. For more information on our journey to performance excellence, view our winner profile on the NIST website.
It was announced in February of 2018 that Veritas Capital, a leading private equity investment firm had signed a definitive agreement to acquire its US Public Sector business. Professionals in Guidehouse LLP may be subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet related eligibility requirements for access to classified information. The State and Local Government practice provides individuals the opportunity to serve clients in the areas of: business design, organizational strategy, market analysis, financial modeling, operational analysis, process improvement, change management, compliance monitoring, and program management. The application of this skill set within state and local governments is delivering compelling, high impact solutions to our clients' toughest business and technology problems.
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
3+ years of experience with Large Scale IT Transformations in Consulting
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in key facets of state and local government, including:
· Education, Housing, Transportation, Criminal Justice, and/or Administration and functional areas; and,
· Strategic sourcing, shared services, economic development, sustainability, performance management, disaster recovery and/or customer contact centers.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in core management consulting skills and the ability to lead clients through solution development including experience in areas such as application development, system implementation, Quality Assurance/Quality Control and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V);
- ITIL knowledge and experience
- Must have participated in one or more projects involving:
· Engagements: Current State Assessment, Future State Design, Roadmap Development, IT Strategy, IT Organization Design, Service Catalog Design, Application Alignment, Data Management Strategy, Process Maturity, Process and Tool Deployment.
· Process Frameworks: IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), ISO 20000, COBiT
· ITIL: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement and the processes in each of these five lifecycle phases
· IT Service Management Tools: ServiceNow and others
· Common IT Operations Subareas: Service Catalog Management, Service Level Management and Metrics, Security Management, Operational Metrics, Operational Governance
· IT Cost Optimization and Effectiveness
· IT Governance, Operating Model, and Delivery Model
· IT Financial Management – IT financial dashboards, charge back models, and IT cost management
· Technology Management Optimization
· Enterprise Demand and Project Portfolio Management
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
- Continuous curiosity to expand knowledge of new technology innovations and its applications to business
- Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities success with managing the identification and addressing of client needs in the following areas:
· Demonstrating a blend of technology solution development, functional architecture, and program management skills;
· Conducting baseline assessments, building a future state vision, and developing actionable implementation plans;
· Preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while remaining flexible as unanticipated issues arise;
· Managing multiple engagements and client needs;
· Prioritizing tasks in a client-driven environment;
· Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner;
· Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues, and answering questions and offer direction to staff;
· Creating a positive environment while managing staff workloads;
· Interfacing with organizational managers;
· Exhibiting IT implementation skills, specifically with large-scale technology transformation programs (i.e., strategy through execution);
· Demonstrating IT strategy skills by being able to develop and document business visions, technology strategies, and project roadmaps;
· Demonstrating IT documentation skills in producing technical deliverables through all phases of the SDLC (requirements, business analyses, data-flow diagrams, data models, design);
· Communicating knowledge of the SDLC and product and project life cycles by using business analysis and data architecture; and;
· Showing extensive program management, communication and presentation skills including the ability to liaise with technical and business teams and clearly articulate technology concepts to business audiences, in order to drive projects to completion
With a unique blend of large firm resources and an entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your purpose, passion, and expertise transforms organizations.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50 locations.
If you’re passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at www.guidehouse.com
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.