What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Our Finance consultants help clients optimize all elements of their finance organization, including operating model design, sustainable cost reduction, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, financial systems architecture, and full scale finance transformation. This high performing team helps CFOs identify, design and implement programs that transform their finance function to meet today’s demanding requirements while continuing to provide value added insights to the business.
In support of the client, the senior associate will:
• Identify, develop, and implement improvements to existing financial management processes and tools
• Manage a team to support end-to-end budget processes and timelines in alignment with client requirements
• Create, run, and analyze financial reports (e.g., budget planning and execution, ad hoc data requests)
• Monitor and report on budget projections and funds expenditures
• Provide support for data validation and verification of reports
• Develop and maintain internal controls
• Lead the development and maintenance of training materials (e.g., standard operating procedures, tools, templates, timelines) to document and/or improve budget and financial management processes
• Facilitate sessions in a client facing environment to formulate and execute financial objectives and strategies
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant area and 3+ years of experience
• Demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge of public sector finance
• Demonstrates a thorough level of knowledge regarding process improvement, including financial systems optimization, risk identification, maintenance and building of cost effective internal controls, and documentation design and development
• Demonstrates an advanced ability to gather, design, analyze, and implement financial analysis projects
• Demonstrates the ability analyze and understand an organizations operations to recommend strategic solutions to complex problems
• Demonstrates ability to develop financial models, budget reports, and analysis to support budget decisions
• Demonstrates some proven track record of success in identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
• Demonstrates proven abilities to work successfully as a team member and leader: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; providing guidance, clarification and feedback to others.
• Demonstrates experience with managerial cost accounting
• Certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant, Certified Government Financial Manager, Chartered Financial Analyst, etc.)
• Understanding of Federal financial management and budget lifecycle (e.g., spend plan development, budget execution and closeout activities, status of funds reporting)
• Familiarity of ERP systems, including Hyperion, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Info/Ed
• Demonstrates a proven level of ability with business intelligence and dashboard development tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI)
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate, facilitate, and present at an advanced level in a client facing or executive-level environment
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.