Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society’s most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Our Finance consultants help clients optimize all elements of their finance organization, including operating model design, sustainable cost reduction, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, financial systems architecture, and full scale finance transformation. This high performing team helps CFOs identify, design and implement programs that transform their finance function to meet today’s demanding requirements while continuing to provide value added insights to the business.
In support of the client, the senior associate will:
• Identify, develop, and implement improvements to existing financial management processes and tools
• Manage a team to support end-to-end budget processes and timelines in alignment with client requirements
• Create, run, and analyze financial reports (e.g., budget planning and execution, ad hoc data requests)
• Monitor and report on budget projections and funds expenditures
• Provide support for data validation and verification of reports
• Develop and maintain internal controls
• Lead the development and maintenance of training materials (e.g., standard operating procedures, tools, templates, timelines) to document and/or improve budget and financial management processes
• Facilitate sessions in a client facing environment to formulate and execute financial objectives and strategies
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant area and 3+ years of experience
• Demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge of public sector finance
• Demonstrates a thorough level of knowledge regarding process improvement, including financial systems optimization, risk identification, maintenance and building of cost effective internal controls, and documentation design and development
• Demonstrates an advanced ability to gather, design, analyze, and implement financial analysis projects
• Demonstrates the ability analyze and understand an organizations operations to recommend strategic solutions to complex problems
• Demonstrates ability to develop financial models, budget reports, and analysis to support budget decisions
• Demonstrates some proven track record of success in identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
• Demonstrates proven abilities to work successfully as a team member and leader: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; providing guidance, clarification and feedback to others.
• Demonstrates experience with managerial cost accounting
• Certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant, Certified Government Financial Manager, Chartered Financial Analyst, etc.)
• Understanding of Federal financial management and budget lifecycle (e.g., spend plan development, budget execution and closeout activities, status of funds reporting)
• Familiarity of ERP systems, including Hyperion, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Info/Ed
• Demonstrates a proven level of ability with business intelligence and dashboard development tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI)
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate, facilitate, and present at an advanced level in a client facing or executive-level environment
With a unique blend of large firm resources and an entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your purpose, passion, and expertise transforms organizations.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50 locations.
If you’re passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at www.guidehouse.com
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.