What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Guidehouse is seeking a highly motivated, creative user interface designer to build and test visual interfaces for applications for supply chain, retail operations, acquisitions, travel, and transportation systems. Candidate should excel as part of an integrated team in an Agile software development environment creating custom enhancements. Should be experienced engaging users in requirements gathering, presenting design ideas, and translating requirements into wireframes and visuals for system interfaces.
• Drive user experience design with our clients as part of a larger technical team tasked with enhancing and modernizing a portfolio of applications
• Collaborate with key stakeholders and end users to define requirements for application interface enhancements
• Engage with users during design and testing activities
• Conceptualize, execute, and refine design specifications and design standards in the form of style guides, interaction models, process flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, and functional design specs
• Understand complex qualitative and quantitative research data, business goals, and requirements, and translate them into functional designs
• Create customer-centric designs that meet organizational and user requirements
• Manage, mentor, and provide feedback to user interface designers, with a focus on delivering high quality UI assets
• Lead design activities (e.g. client workshops, card sorting) to understand vision, business model, and user needs and behaviors
• Conduct, design, and analyze user experience and usability testing, incorporating testing best practices
• Interact with current and potential customers to better understand their needs and communicate them effectively to the team
• Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with designing and developing user interfaces and wireframes
• Demonstrated experience delivering agile software solutions using best practices such as Test-Driven Development (TDD) or Adaptable Software Design
• Experience building low and high fidelity prototypes of digital products to illustrate future concepts and functionality to clients (use of Paper, Invision, Principle, After Effects, etc.)
• Outstanding facilitation, brainstorming, and collaboration skills
• Proven experience conducting user research and translating user research into design decisions
• Background in usability testing, and building rapid prototypes
• Experience working with an Agile development team
• Experience closely collaborating with technical teams
• Must be strategic, and creative while remaining detail oriented and process focused
• Expert knowledge of tools like Sketch, Craft Axure, Adobe Creative Cloud or similar
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.