Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society’s most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Guidehouse is seeking a highly motivated, creative user interface designer to build and test visual interfaces for applications for supply chain, retail operations, acquisitions, travel, and transportation systems. Candidate should excel as part of an integrated team in an Agile software development environment creating custom enhancements. Should be experienced engaging users in requirements gathering, presenting design ideas, and translating requirements into wireframes and visuals for system interfaces.
• Drive user experience design with our clients as part of a larger technical team tasked with enhancing and modernizing a portfolio of applications
• Collaborate with key stakeholders and end users to define requirements for application interface enhancements
• Engage with users during design and testing activities
• Conceptualize, execute, and refine design specifications and design standards in the form of style guides, interaction models, process flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, and functional design specs
• Understand complex qualitative and quantitative research data, business goals, and requirements, and translate them into functional designs
• Create customer-centric designs that meet organizational and user requirements
• Manage, mentor, and provide feedback to user interface designers, with a focus on delivering high quality UI assets
• Lead design activities (e.g. client workshops, card sorting) to understand vision, business model, and user needs and behaviors
• Conduct, design, and analyze user experience and usability testing, incorporating testing best practices
• Interact with current and potential customers to better understand their needs and communicate them effectively to the team
• Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with designing and developing user interfaces and wireframes
• Demonstrated experience delivering agile software solutions using best practices such as Test-Driven Development (TDD) or Adaptable Software Design
• Experience building low and high fidelity prototypes of digital products to illustrate future concepts and functionality to clients (use of Paper, Invision, Principle, After Effects, etc.)
• Outstanding facilitation, brainstorming, and collaboration skills
• Proven experience conducting user research and translating user research into design decisions
• Background in usability testing, and building rapid prototypes
• Experience working with an Agile development team
• Experience closely collaborating with technical teams
• Must be strategic, and creative while remaining detail oriented and process focused
• Expert knowledge of tools like Sketch, Craft Axure, Adobe Creative Cloud or similar
With a unique blend of large firm resources and an entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your purpose, passion, and expertise transforms organizations.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50 locations.
If you’re passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at www.guidehouse.com
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.