What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
The Guidehouse consultant will monitor, report, and provide improvement recommendations on the Military Health System (MHS) accounts receivable program down to individual Service/Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs). Specific tasks include tracking accounts receivable performance indicators, tracking receivables aging, and advising on ways to align MTF performance against established UBO program goals and benchmarks pertaining to Third Party Collection Program (TPCP), Medical Service Accounts (MSA), and Medical Affirmative Claims (MAC) activities. The consultant will develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of existing policies and business application architecture, including integrations and data structures, while coordinating with client personnel and systems to identify performance trends and regularly present findings to relevant stakeholders.
• Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Accounting or Finance preferred
• Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3-5 years of experience in financial consulting, accounting, healthcare billing operations, or related field
• Proficiency in analyzing detailed financial and accounting activity, including performing analysis of financial transactions against established metrics
• Experience with revenue cycle management, accounts receivable, cash flow management, and financial reporting (preferably within the healthcare sector)
• Advanced analytical skills with strong capability for identifying trends and patterns in large data sets
• Ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to executive leadership
• Proven ability to work successfully as part of a team and effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve shared organizational goals
• Proficiency in MS Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), SharePoint, Tableau, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platforms, Business Intelligence tools
• Specialized experience in a federal financial management function, such as an accountant, financial auditor/analyst, billing analyst
• Demonstrated experience with Department of Defense (DoD) financial management business processes and financial systems (GFEBS)
• Experience with Armed Forces Billing and Collection Utilization Solution (ABACUS)
• Demonstrated experience working in the DoD, DHA, or Military Health System (MHS) and their respective internal systems, processes, and procedures
• Experience with Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) in addressing financial transaction discrepancies
• Experience with DoD Audit Readiness in addressing Notice of Findings (NFRs) and Corrective Action Plans (CAPs)
• Experience with medical claims/receivables a plus
• CPA/MBA a plus
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.