Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society’s most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
The Guidehouse consultant will monitor, report, and provide improvement recommendations on the Military Health System (MHS) accounts receivable program down to individual Service/Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs). Specific tasks include tracking accounts receivable performance indicators, tracking receivables aging, and advising on ways to align MTF performance against established UBO program goals and benchmarks pertaining to Third Party Collection Program (TPCP), Medical Service Accounts (MSA), and Medical Affirmative Claims (MAC) activities. The consultant will develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of existing policies and business application architecture, including integrations and data structures, while coordinating with client personnel and systems to identify performance trends and regularly present findings to relevant stakeholders.
• Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Accounting or Finance preferred
• Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3-5 years of experience in financial consulting, accounting, healthcare billing operations, or related field
• Proficiency in analyzing detailed financial and accounting activity, including performing analysis of financial transactions against established metrics
• Experience with revenue cycle management, accounts receivable, cash flow management, and financial reporting (preferably within the healthcare sector)
• Advanced analytical skills with strong capability for identifying trends and patterns in large data sets
• Ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to executive leadership
• Proven ability to work successfully as part of a team and effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve shared organizational goals
• Proficiency in MS Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), SharePoint, Tableau, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platforms, Business Intelligence tools
• Specialized experience in a federal financial management function, such as an accountant, financial auditor/analyst, billing analyst
• Demonstrated experience with Department of Defense (DoD) financial management business processes and financial systems (GFEBS)
• Experience with Armed Forces Billing and Collection Utilization Solution (ABACUS)
• Demonstrated experience working in the DoD, DHA, or Military Health System (MHS) and their respective internal systems, processes, and procedures
• Experience with Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) in addressing financial transaction discrepancies
• Experience with DoD Audit Readiness in addressing Notice of Findings (NFRs) and Corrective Action Plans (CAPs)
• Experience with medical claims/receivables a plus
• CPA/MBA a plus
With a unique blend of large firm resources and an entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your purpose, passion, and expertise transforms organizations.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50 locations.
If you’re passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at www.guidehouse.com
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.