What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
As an experienced associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include:
• Serve as the client contact, presents project status, participates in the project change process, manages client expectations, advances issues as appropriate
• Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients and oversee work stream(s)
• Guide client conversations towards effective outcomes
• Identify, plan for, and resolve complex client issues
• Identify and manage project risks around scope, schedule and quality
• Create and maintain project timelines, address change and contribute to project reporting
• Work with the internal team and project leads to execute project plan(s)
• Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
• Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
• Develop strategies to solve complex structural challenges, addressing business process redesign
• Minimum of 1 year of healthcare project management experience with a deep understanding of project management, workflow and infrastructure
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
• Consulting experience preferred
• Strong interest in and experience with leading multiple successful client engagements
• Strong client facing presentation, verbal and written skills
• Strong interest in developing relationships with clients by gaining trust and successful delivery
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Answering questions and providing direction to less-experienced staff
• Developing, writing, presenting, and facilitating discussions on strategy to all levels of industry audiences, clients, and internal staff and management
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.