Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society’s most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
As an experienced associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include:
• Serve as the client contact, presents project status, participates in the project change process, manages client expectations, advances issues as appropriate
• Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients and oversee work stream(s)
• Guide client conversations towards effective outcomes
• Identify, plan for, and resolve complex client issues
• Identify and manage project risks around scope, schedule and quality
• Create and maintain project timelines, address change and contribute to project reporting
• Work with the internal team and project leads to execute project plan(s)
• Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
• Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
• Develop strategies to solve complex structural challenges, addressing business process redesign
• Minimum of 1 year of healthcare project management experience with a deep understanding of project management, workflow and infrastructure
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
• Consulting experience preferred
• Strong interest in and experience with leading multiple successful client engagements
• Strong client facing presentation, verbal and written skills
• Strong interest in developing relationships with clients by gaining trust and successful delivery
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Answering questions and providing direction to less-experienced staff
• Developing, writing, presenting, and facilitating discussions on strategy to all levels of industry audiences, clients, and internal staff and management
With a unique blend of large firm resources and an entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your purpose, passion, and expertise transforms organizations.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50 locations.
If you’re passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at www.guidehouse.com
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.