What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
The ideal candidate will be highly technical and should possess an advanced understanding across a broad range of security technologies and will take a proactive approach to cyber incidents. The candidate should have several years of experience working with each phase of the Incident Response Life Cycle in NIST and ISO standards and should have hands-on experience in creating and executing cyber hunting missions. The candidate must be a world-class problem-solver with the ability to handle challenges under pressure. The ideal candidate will have experience and proven track record of finding and responding to cyber threats and incidents. As a key member of the Cyber Security Solutions Incident Response offering team, flexibility and broad knowledge of security processes, along with strong communication and collaboration skills will result in a successful candidate. A successful candidate would possess direct hands-on expertise in the following areas of information security: knowledge of information security solutions including data loss prevention; intrusion detection and prevention; network security monitoring; and vulnerability management in global environments.
Responsibilities include assessing private sector client and public sector agency IT environments for incident response readiness and post incident responsiveness including forensic investigation and the recommendation of best practices to reduce the impact of current cyber incidents and reduce the likelihood of occurrence of future cyber incidents. Tasks may include the following activities depending on the specific client engagement.
1. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) logs to identify security issues for remediation.
2. Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
3. Communicate alerts to clients regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
4. Recommend counter-measures and mitigating controls. Must be able to review multiple data sources to gather Indications and Warnings and Attack Sensing and Warnings information.
5. Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
6. Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
7. Maintain current knowledge of relevant cyber security technologies.
8. Must have a good understanding of networks at a packet level. Must be able to analyze packet captures at the expert level.
9. Must have experience using computer network defense (CND) tools to detect network attack; these tools are:
- Enterprise Security Information and Event Management Systems (SIEM).
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS; IPS).
- Web Content monitoring systems (WebSense; Bluecoat).
- Firewall and syslog logs.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Cyber Security.
10-15 years’ experience in cyber security risk management, cyber security operations, and incident response.
Excellent analytical and written and verbal communication skills
Industry certification: CISSP, CEH, GIAC
Masters Degree in Computer Science or Cyber Security
Security Clearance: Secret
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.