What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Our Finance consultants help clients optimize all elements of their finance organization. This high performing team guides clients in effective overall financial management as well as corporate performance management. The Advisory Financial Management team possesses knowledge of core operating environments of finance functions for a wide range of companies - start-ups through large multi-international organizations. Individuals typically have experience with improving companies' transactional and decision support processes, enhancing underlying technologies, and refining organizational designs required to make each individual process more effective and operate in an efficient matter. Other core competencies include strong written and presentation skills as well as change management capabilities.
In support of the client, the experienced associate will:
• Analyze and assess cost recovery models, identify key requirements by working with stakeholders (e.g., cost pool derivations and cost driver rationale), and support implementation activities
• Document business rules and decisions that influence the design of a cost recovery model or methodology
• Build and analyze impacts of scenarios and options that could impact how a costs are recovered
• Create, run, and analyze financial reports
• Identify, develop, and implement improvements to existing financial management processes
• Monitor and report on budget projections and funds expenditures
• Support internal controls development and maintenance
• Support the development and maintenance of training materials (e.g., standard operating procedures, tools, templates, timelines) to document and/or improve financial management processes
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration with 1+ years of relevant experience
• Demonstrates a thorough level of knowledge of managerial cost accounting, financial modeling, and industry systems/processes
• Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with analyzing detailed finance and accounting processes to identify improvement opportunities in the following areas:
o Internal and external reporting
o People and organization structures
o Performance management, budgeting, and forecasting capabilities
o Maintenance and building of cost-effective controls
• Demonstrates some proven abilities with simplifying complex processes to improve reliability and achieve cost and cycle time reductions
• Demonstrates some proven track record of success in identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor
• Demonstrates some proven abilities to work successfully as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; providing guidance, clarification and feedback to others
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.