What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
The Process Improvement / Policy Development Consultant is responsible for analyzing new Federal regulations and policies, and helping clients develop strategies for aligning existing processes and guidance or implementing new activities to achieve compliance and thereby improve access to information and decision-making.
a. Analyze Federal regulations and policies:
• Conduct research and business process analysis relevant to the organization's mission, goals, objectives, strategies, and functions, and develop recommendations and plans to maximize the capability of existing programs, processes, procedures, and structures to improve access to information, eliminate process waste, and increase decision-maker awareness while minimizing risks;
• Review organizational programs, documents, reports, and data for policy implications and impact to the organization and assist with reconciling conflicts between policies and program goals;
• Develop strategies, governance, and plans supporting the transition to new operational methods and practices, including communication strategies to effectively inform and create organization and stakeholder buy-in about changes; and
• Support implementation of recommendations, to include developing/updating policies, standard operating procedures, and other organization documentation; and developing solutions in SharePoint to drive process efficiency through automation.
b. Identify critical internal and external issues and recommend solutions to mitigate the issues. Provide support with strategic and performance planning and reporting to ensure linkage among planning elements (i.e., mission, vision, goals, objectives, strategies, and performance management initiatives). This includes the following:
• Develop and analyze project evaluation criteria to identify the projects that provide the most benefit;
• Developing project plans with the integration, monitoring, and closeout supporting the strategies;
• Develop and maintain processes and means to support tracking and oversight of projects to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations;
• Maintain a project pipeline and a project portfolio that aligns with the organization's strategies and priorities;
• Track and manage risk to ensure projects stay on schedule;
• Capture and consolidate best practices and lessons learned in order to promote the application of similar process improvement opportunities across the program.
• U.S. Citizen
• Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
• Minimum Years of Experience: 2 years' experience
• Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
• Exceptional communications skills (written and oral)
• Desire to work on a team in a collaborative culture and face directly with clients
• Demonstrated experience analyzing and reporting data
• Knowledge of policy and business process analysis and improvement
• Superior writing experience
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.