What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
The DevSecOps Engineer will support a high-paced client environment and team of experienced application developers in migrating an existing Microsoft .NET web application to a new Java-based technology stack. DevSecOps Engineer will be responsible to developing automation scripts within the technology CI/CD technology pipeline (Microsoft and Open Source) using appropriate tool sets, and facilitating timely code deployment. The DevSecOps Engineer will bring hands-on experience with DevOps and DevSecOps concepts, scripting, requirements gathering, writing/updating user stories is required. Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables reflecting a deep understanding of business needs and the software functionality.
DevSecOps Engineer will be responsible for supporting conversion of a .NET-based web application to a new Java-based technology stack that is operational within a full Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline, inclusive of automated QA, security integration, and system monitoring.
• 2-4 years minimum experience working with Java and/or Microsoft and relevant technology stack.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, systems engineering, or relevant field.
Candidate must have experience:
• Establishing release automation for Java and .NET technologies to achieve continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
• Establishing procedures for system performance monitoring/alerts, infrastructure provisioning, configuration, automation, and provide ongoing support.
• Promote the integration of new technologies and solutions that will improve the organization’s capabilities while leading to lower total cost of operation.
• Participating in peer code and design reviews.
• Supporting critical business functions through the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications and systems;
• Contributing software development expertise to multiple projects and ensure that specifications are met;
• Preparing technical standards, providing technical advice and guidance, and collaborating with other programmers to conceptualize and develop design.
• Conducting thorough problem analysis, document findings, and propose creative solutions.
• Coordinating end to end runs and providing production support and suggest enhancements to existing business applications.
• Using technical judgment and make appropriate system decisions.
• Analyzing and debug Application/Client Server connectivity problems.
• Performing SDLC process including designing and developing applications.
• Familiarity with both Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux
Security Clearance: Public Trust
Ideal candidate has experience with:
• Deploying code into established continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD) pipeline consisting of Jenkins and OpenShift containerization;
• Performing application testing using Maven, Nexus, SonarQube, RestEasy, Selenium, and Deque;
• Security tools such as HP Fortify and Micro Focus WebInspect, AppDetective,
• Basic Object-Oriented Programming knowledge
• Interest in Web and Cloud Technologies.
• Is familiar with insurance related processes
• Is familiar with approach and methodologies related to customer and user experience for digital solutions.
• Is Scrum Master Certified and is familiar with advanced agile practices including release trains, DevOps, CI/CD pipeline management, and Federal security requirements.
• Has experience using JIRA or an equivalent agile project management tool (i.e. Pivotal Tracker, VersionOne)
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.