What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
The Digital Product Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering Agile projects that provide exceptional business value to clients. They will be responsible for managing high visibility projects using Agile and rapid prototyping methods in a fast-paced environment that will cross multiple business divisions. Role typically includes:
• At a team level, playing a Scrum Master role to help put in place the appropriate people, processes and tools.
• Providing feedback to members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency for product delivery.
• In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to execute the appropriate project management approach.
In performing these roles, the Digital Product Manager will be expected to have experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach to fit client needs. Additional responsibilities include:
• Guiding the project team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
• Coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
• Managing client expectations around project delivery.
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refinement and maintaining the product backlog.
• Work with the Product Owner to prioritize features for the team so that the team delivers user stories at a consistent pace.
• Develop relevant metrics that help the team see how they are progressing.
• Track the status of tasks, milestones and ensure project status is always visible to the team and to other stakeholders.
• Support development of a collaborative, trusting and safe environment that facilitates problem solving.
• Lead brainstorming sessions to uncover and understand user needs.
• Work closely with technical team to translate user stories into actionable software development tasks.
• Support hands-on reviews to ensure quality deliverables while improving the quality assurance process.
• Facilitate daily standups, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospectives.
• Identify and help resolve project or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
• Demonstrate critical and analytical thinking.
Basic Qualifications: Possess industry experience managing Agile teams. Ability to deliver on rapid prototyping efforts. Highly organized
Minimum Years of Experience: 4 - 6
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelors
Certifications Preferred: Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP), SAFe
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile/Scrum and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
• A proven track record of successfully implementing software, web and app development projects using Agile/Scrum methodologies including experience managing projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
• 2+ years of experience in Scrum Master Role for a web or app development team that was applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Experience overseeing multi-function project teams that include Visual / UX / Product Designers, Developers, Business Analysts, Data/Analytics and QA personnel.
• Experience working with Confluence and JIRA.
• Advanced knowledge of product management.
• Knowledge of Human Centered design principles and knowledge of techniques used to gain insights into customer needs.
• Proven ability to support Customer Experience teams in understanding user needs.
• Balanced business/technical background:
o Sufficient level of technical background to provide leadership to development teams and ability to evaluate complex project risks and issues.
• Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Experience with common Agile techniques: User Stories, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Communicate precisely and clearly, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels with a strong command of the English language.
• Must have detail-oriented, highly analytical, estimating, and problem solving skills
• Build working relationships with clients and team.
• Experience facilitating collaborative internal and external workshops.
• Maintain clear and open communication channels to manage expectations.
• Organization, planning, and presentation skills.
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Effectively prioritize projects and manage changes and customer expectations.
• Ability to motivate software development teams.
• Consulting experience preferred.
• This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
• The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.