What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
The Construction Manager will support FBI related construction, design/build, and architecture and engineering projects. The Construction Manager will support the FBI in the following areas, to include but not limited to:
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on a variety of trades, to include: Mechanical and Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Protection, HVAC
Digital Controls, Elevators, Site and Earthwork, Concrete and Masonry and other materials, etc.
Exercises surveillance to assure that the construction contractor is conducting quality control operations to produce work in conformance with plans and specifications.
• Advises the government on the contractor's use of the three-phase approach to quality operations (plan, do, check). Reviews contractor quality control plans, reports and test results for completeness and accuracy.
• Advises the government on the surveillance of assigned construction projects involving construction and renovation activities. Inspects materials being used by the construction contractors to insure compliance with contract documents to include plans and specifications.
• Advises the government regarding grade, composition, dimensions, consistency, value or other characteristics of proposed material submittals. On those items requiring laboratory tests, secures required samples for such testing and reviews reports of results of test before permitting use of materials on the project. Provides advice and technical assistance to government and other contract employees, regarding either accepting or rejecting work.
• Makes recommendations to Project Manager and/or COR concerning Quality Assurance and Inspection results, to include preparation of Quality Assurance reports.
• Participates in design review conferences, reviews preliminary plans and specifications prior to advertisement for practicability, anticipated physical obstructions and other construction considerations and availability of selected materials.
• Reviews construction administration correspondence and reports on construction status and progress relative to construction of the project. Makes recommendations relative to most practical methods of accomplishing the desired results.
• Confers with government Contracting Officers on matters pertaining to the control placement, consistency and suitability of materials and equipment, special construction problems affecting progress or quality of construction work, administration, supervision, or plans and design of the project.
• Provides oversight and inspection of construction operations to ensure proper quality and quantity of material and equipment, workmanship, adequacy of contractor's methods, procedures and operations in order to ensure that the work is carried out in accordance to plans and specifications. Knowledgeable of all laws, regulations and specifications relating to the environmental surroundings of the project and ensures by surveillance that contractors strictly adhere to these environmental requirements.
• Reviews general contractor and subcontractor's plans to correct deficiencies in project work. Reviews and advises the Project Manager and/or COR on as-built project drawings, Operations and Maintenance (O&M) manuals and assists in the coordination of project turnover and closeout.
• Minimum 8 years experience
• A Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field.
• Eight years of experience in general construction of civil, architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing projects.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices applied in the design, construction and maintenance of facilities.
• Knowledge of HV AC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems associated with facilities.
• Knowledge of specifications and building codes used in large commercial, industrial and public works construction projects.
• Knowledge of design, planning, engineering, architectural, and contractual requirements in large commercial, industrial and public works construction projects.
• Proficiency in MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word and project management software.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with others inside and outside the organization.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to submit to drug and alcohol screening on a random basis during the length of their employment.
• Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, coworkers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
• Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.