What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Demonstrates proven knowledge and success in advising federal clients in improving financial management functions in accordance with federal requirements, such as the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990, the Federal Managers’ Financial Integrity Act of 1982 (FMFIA), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), the GAO Green Book, and OMB Circular A-123 (and appendices). Experience includes the ability to improve processes, identify control gaps and automation necessary to better execute the following requirements:
• Internal control over financial reporting and operations improvements, and related business process improvement,
• Federal audit support, audit liaison, corrective action planning, and remediation,
• Risk assessment and risk management,
• Federal accounting, including the United States Standard General Ledger (USSGL) and Treasury Financial Manual, and knowledge of Federal Financial Management Improvement Act (FFMIA), and
• Implementation of new federal guidance into existing federal programs.
Demonstrates experience of 5 or more years in program and change management, business process improvement, process reengineering and/or automation, and dashboards for financial management matters. Duties include but are not limited to managing teams, building relationships, business analytics, data visualization, financial management, process documentation, and process improvement.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities in the following areas:
• Internal control assessments;
• Entity level controls, risk management, and fraud risk assessments;
• Supporting management control programs;
• Understanding deficiencies communicated by the auditor, developing corrective action plans, and executing remediation with a focus on internal controls over financial reporting and management financial statement assertions; and,
• Implementing OMB Circular A-123, including its appendices
• Understanding deficiencies communicated by the auditor, tracking audit PBC requests, responding to audit requests, developing and reviewing corrective action plans, and executing remediation with a focus on internal controls over financial reporting and management financial statement assertions.
• Managing implementation / deployment of new technology and/or automated tools in support of process improvement.
Demonstrates abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: Actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; assisting in managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates proven abilities and success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
Demonstrate ability to successfully participate in aspects of the proposal process for Federal contracts.
Four (4) year degree from an accredited institution
Minimum five (5) years of federal accounting or financial management experience.
Three (3) or more years of progressive experience in leading business management and/or financial management services projects.
Experience performing and/or supporting internal or external audit functions for federal agencies.
Experience performing and/or supporting transformation of processes / organizations using software / tools.
One or more relevant certifications including but not limited to CPA, CGFM, Prosci, CCMP, PMP
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.