What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
The Construction Inspector supports client related construction, design/build, and architecture and engineering projects. He/she works under the general direction of a Project Manager and/or Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR). The Construction Inspector is responsible:
• To establish and perform Quality Assurance.
• To serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on a variety of trades, to include: Mechanical and Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Protection, HVAC Digital Controls, Elevators, Site and Earthwork, Concrete and Masonry and other materials, etc.
• To exercise surveillance to ensure the construction contractor conducts its quality control operations to produce work in conformance with plans and specifications.
• To advise the government on the contractor’s use of the three-phase approach to quality operations (plan, do, check).
• To review contractor quality control plans, reports and test results for completeness and accuracy. Through the Project Manager, COR and/or Contracting Officer, brings any deficiencies to the attention of the general contractor.
• To inspect materials used by the construction contractors to ensure compliance with contract documents to include plans and specifications.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field.
• Eight (8) years of experience in general construction of civil, architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing projects.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices applied in the design, construction and maintenance of facilities.
• Knowledge of HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems associated with facilities.
• Knowledge of specifications and building codes used in large commercial, industrial and public works construction projects.
• Knowledge of design, planning, engineering, architectural, and contractual requirements in large commercial, industrial and public works construction projects.
• Proficiency in MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word and project management software.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
Security Clearance: Position contractually requires US Citizenship withan active Top Secret federal security clearance
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.