Guidehouse, LLP helps federal, state, and local governments solve complex business issues, manage risk and add value in financial management, program management, operations improvement, and security and data management.
In today's changing environment, the public sector is seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies. Guidehouse LLP provides management consulting, technology consulting and risk consulting services to help federal and international government agencies anticipate and address these and other complex challenges.
Responsibilities: Guidehouse, LLP helps federal, state, and local governments solve complex business issues, manage risk and add value in financial management, program management, operations improvement, and security and data management. In today's changing environment, the public sector is seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies.
Guidehouse LLP provides management consulting, technology consulting, and risk consulting services to help federal, state, local, and international government agencies anticipate and address these and other complex challenges.
Guidehouse LLP is one of four organizations to receive the 2014 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The Baldrige Award is the nation’s highest Presidential honor for performance excellence, recognizing U.S. organizations for superior quality and world-class results across six categories defined by Baldrige including Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Focus, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management, Workforce Focus, and Operations Focus. For more information on our journey to performance excellence, view our winner profile on the NIST website.
It was announced in February of 2018 that Veritas Capital, a leading private equity investment firm had signed a definitive agreement to acquire its US Public Sector business. Professionals in Guidehouse LLP may be subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet related eligibility requirements for access to classified information. The State and Local Government practice provides individuals the opportunity to serve clients in the areas of: business design, organizational strategy, market analysis, financial modeling, operational analysis, process improvement, change management, compliance monitoring, and program management. The application of this skill set within state and local governments is delivering compelling, high impact solutions to our clients' toughest business and technology problems. The team translates strategy into action.
Minimum Years of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
4+ years of experience leading digital enablement teams for clients that have migrated from legacy technologies to cloud technologies
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in key facets of state and local government, including:
· Education, Housing, Transportation, Criminal Justice, and/or Administration and functional areas; and,
· Strategic sourcing, shared services, economic development, sustainability, performance management, disaster recovery and/or customer contact centers.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in core management consulting skills and the ability to lead clients through solution development including experience in areas such as application development, system implementation, Quality Assurance/Quality Control and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V);
- Proven experience in business development and/or proposal development in support of related specialty areas
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies, including understanding the difference between digitization and digitalization
- Experience with:
· Defining future learning opportunities to enable the use of transformative technologies
· Communicating digital enablement concepts to business audiences
· Translating business needs into associated technical requirements, and understand solutions that will incorporate these requirements
· Understanding end-to-end view of client’s technical environment
· Demonstrating how analytics/models can be interpreted and applied to a business issue
· Advising the client on best practices and market trends impacting clients during their digital journey
· Delivering in Agile SDLC methodology to enhance solution quality, enable flexibility, and identify new growth areas
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Previous experience on technology implementation projects (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Siebel, Salesforce.com, Workday, SuccessFactors, custom solutions) in a relevant industry or consulting environment
- Advanced degree in related specialization area
- Demonstrates extensive-level, abilities success with managing the identification and addressing of client needs in the following areas:
· Demonstrating a blend of technology solution development, functional architecture, and program management skills;
· Conducting baseline assessments, building a future state vision, and developing actionable implementation plans;
· Preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while remaining flexible as unanticipated issues arise;
· Managing multiple engagements and client needs;
· Prioritizing tasks in a client-driven environment;
· Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner;
· Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues, and answering questions and offer direction to staff;
· Creating a positive environment while managing staff workloads;
· Interfacing with organizational managers;
· Exhibiting IT implementation skills, specifically with large-scale technology transformation programs (i.e., strategy through execution);
· Demonstrating IT strategy skills by being able to develop and document business visions, technology strategies, and project roadmaps;
· Demonstrating IT documentation skills in producing technical deliverables through all phases of the SDLC (requirements, business analyses, data-flow diagrams, data models, design);
· Communicating knowledge of the SDLC and product and project life cycles by using business analysis and data architecture; and;
Showing extensive program management, communication and presentation skills including the ability to liaise with technical and business teams and clearly articulate technology concepts to business audiences, in order to drive projects to completion
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.