What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Integrated Fires Division PPBE Coordination Support will provide the following:
• Provide support to Integrated Fires Requirements Officers (RO) and staff with respect to the overall N2N6 Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) effort by maintaining awareness and understanding of POM schedules and division leadership calendars and paying careful attention to changes in POM process based on current guidance and POM Serials.
• Support Integrated Fires Requirements Officers (RO) and staff by attending meetings, taking notes and assisting with resolution of actions associated with Integrated Fires program execution, POM issue development, requirements generation, seams resolution, interoperability and/or Fleet requirements.
• Assist ROs and Integrated Fires staff with the development and presentation of program reviews, status, and reports that reflect Integrated Fires capabilities, financial requirements, schedules and/or associated risks.
• Participate in Integrated Fires POM issue teams and provide staffing support for programmatic issues being developed. Conduct working level coordination of candidate PPBE issues and/or offset identification with the appropriate N2N6 Requirements Officers, Program Offices and Fleet representatives. Coordinate and track program issue titles, required funding adjustments and associated impact statements / justification language.
• Assist with preparation, staffing and submission of Integrated Fires PPBE briefs, dualies and program financial adjustments for submission to N80. Ensure they are in strict compliance with prescribed format.
• Support development and data entry of N2N6 Integrated Fires PPBE issues into RAPS for transfer to PBIS or for direct entry into PBIS. Ensure accuracy of all required information with particular attention to issue titles, spelled out acronyms, justification and required budget level detail.
• Review, analyze and report the impacts of Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Issue Papers and Resource Management Decisions (RMD) or Program Decision Memorandum (PDM) to the Integrated Fires portfolio. Ensure expected adjustments were entered and properly reflected in the RAPS/PBiS databases. Draft, submit and staff corrections / reclamas in the proper format and accurate financial details to N2N6FP. Review final OSD / RMD financial adjustments within.
• Use the Resource Allocation Planning System (RAPS) and Planning Budget Information System (PBIS) to remain familiar with the financial structure of Integrated Fires programs and investments. Assist RO’s and PPBE coordinators by analyzing financial adjustments to determine if programming/budgeting issues affect Integrated Fires program elements and line items. Confirm proper program alignment and / or how programmatic changes should be distributed. Coordinate, prepare and submit technical changes to correct errors and/or anomalies.
• Assist with development of responses to proposed Congressional actions, Requests for Information (RFIs) and preparation of Congressional Staffer Briefings related to Integrated Fires. Verify accuracy of all financial data contained within and assist in development and staffing of follow-up actions and ensure documentation is provided in prescribed format within established timelines.
• Summarize Congressional budget activity with respect to Integrated Fires. Provide summarized analysis and financial detail on all Congressional budget actions affecting Integrated Fires.
• Review program obligation and expenditure rates reported by Integrated Fires programs prior to the Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Financial Management and Comptroller (FMB) mid-year review. Highlight programs exhibiting poor performance to the appropriate Integrated Fires Requirements Officer(s) and Branch Head for resolution and/or future programming consideration.
• Support respective ROs and Branch Heads during internal Integrated Fires program / branch financial reviews by verifying programming data and status of specified programs. Produce PowerPoint, Excel or other documents that clearly and accurately represent that data for presentation at the review.
POM Process Expertise
Minimum Experience Required: 15 years overall experience (Active/Reserve Duty, DoD Civilian, or Defense Contractor) with at least of 3 years as a member of a POM development/integration team in at least one the following areas:
• Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems
• Unmanned systems
• Information Technology (IT)
• Space systems
• Signals Intelligence (SIGINT)
• Electronic Warfare (EW)
• Meteorology/Precise Time and Astrometry
Programming Database Management
Minimum Experience Required: 15 years overall experience (Active/Reserve Duty, DoD Civilian, or Defense Contractor) with at least of 3 years as a member of a POM integration team using at least one the following systems:
• Or other similar DoD programming management database
Minimum Experience Required: 15 years overall experience (Active/Reserve Duty, DoD Civilian, or Defense Contractor) with at least of 3 years as a member of a POM integration team working with at least one the following organizations:
• OPNAV N8
• OPNAV N9
• Budget Submission Office (BSO)
• Or other similar DoD programming management organization
Knowledge of Capital Planning and Investment Control; development of Enterprise Architectures, Standards, Governance, Policy; Information Assurance/Security; the Department of Defense Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) Process; and Naval concepts is highly desired.
Guidehouse an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.