What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Narrowband SATCOM Analyst will provide the following:
• Draft, conduct reviews, provide analysis, and support staffing of Joint and Navy initiatives and associated documents (e.g., Initial Capabilities Documents (ICD), Capabilities Documents (CD), Joint Operational Concepts (JOC), and Joint Functional Concepts (JFC)). Provide comments and recommended actions to appropriate N2N6 staff to ensure JCIDS documents meet established DOD, Joint, and Navy C4I requirements.• Support attendance at Navy, Joint, and International forums including Acquisition Review Boards, Operational Test Readiness Reviews, Integrated Product Team meetings, meetings/conferences on emerging technology and related issues, and Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC) JCIDS Boards.
• Support Government representatives in drafting, editing, and staffing recommended Navy plans, instructions, and requirements documents related to C4I capabilities development to include the processing of Joint Capabilities Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents.
• Assist OPNAV N2N6 Requirements Officers in coordinating with SYSCOMs, PEOs, program offices, other Navy and other Service staffs, the Fleet, the Joint Staff, and other stakeholders by reviewing queries, responding to tasks using knowledge and/or experience with Navy “TV5” tasker system, tracking issues and/or concerns, and preparing draft responses in the form of clear and concise briefs, point papers, emails, and memos.
• Assist OPNAV N2N6 in developing recommendations for Navy capability requirements and programming strategies, ensuring synchronization with Navy and Joint guidance and direction.
• Support OPNAV N2N6’s role as requirements and resource sponsor in all Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) phases, including the preparation of briefings, point papers, spreadsheets, statements on program status, and other products on a wide array of topics, including financial excursions, warfighting capability impacts, manpower and training requirements, science and technology development and transition, and capability wholeness.
• Prepare and use products in preparation for Program Objective Memorandum (POM) and program reviews. Provide recommended courses of action to ensure program alignment with N2N6 goals, objectives, and priorities.
• Review and recommend updates to budget exhibits, program budget execution and current funding in Navy budget database systems (e.g. Intranet Resource Allocation and Planning System (iRAPS), Program Budget Information System (PBIS), etc.) for all N2N6 programs.
• Assist N2N6 in monitoring communications programs and their execution by Navy organizations receiving N2N6 funding. This includes continual review and awareness of current funding in PPBE systems (e.g. iRAPS, PBIS, etc.) for all N2N6 programs.
• Articulate N2N6 interests and positions on warfighting mission and capability analyses and apply findings in support of PPBE-related decisions. Analyze proposed and existing modeling & simulation plans and studies, and provide summaries, briefs, and recommended positions to support N2N6 POM planning. Support war-gaming, experimentation, and exercise planning where required.
• Support OPNAV N2N6’s role as requirements and resource sponsor in all phases of the integrated DOD acquisition and logistics lifecycle management processes, to include familiarity with system engineering tasks. Review, update, and staff Navy Training Systems Plans (NTSPs) and identify potential funding shortfalls. Develop products (e.g., information papers, memos, briefs, etc.) that provide recommended courses of action to accomplish OPNAV N2N6 goals and priorities.
• Assist requirements officers in the review and staffing of acquisition-related documentation such as the Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), Navy Gate Review documents, and updates to acquisition documents and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Instructions and Manuals (CJCSI/CJCSM), including drafting and reviewing documents, completing comment resolution matrices, final editing, routing, coordination, and ensuring documents complete the required compliance checklists
10 years overall experience (Active/Guard/Reserve Duty, United States Government (USG) Civilian, or Defense Contractor) with at least 2 years of service at a high level Office of the Secretary of Defense or equivalent, Joint Staff, Combatant Command, Military Department or Service, Agency or Intel Community (IC) staff in the following areas:
• Maritime policy, guidance and capabilities associated with the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Joint Staff, Combatant Commands, Military Departments / Services, IC, and US Interagency
• Commander, Joint Chiefs of Staff Joint Capabilities Integration Development Instructions and Capability Gap Assessment (CGA) processes
• Narrowband SATCOM systems and platforms
• DoD Air, Ashore and Maritime Narrowband SATCOM requirements
• Narrowband SATCOM communications architectures, cryptographic equipment and networks
• Combatant Command Operation Plans
• National Defense Strategy, National Military Strategy, and Nuclear Posture
• DoD or IC Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE)
• United States Navy chain of command structure
TS SCI Clearance
Guidehouse an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.