Minimum Years of Experience: 1 year contributing on enterprise business architecture projects.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree.
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and managing teams to understand business strategies, envision and prioritize business capabilities, and design business solutions that involve creating and providing business and technology implementation road maps and technology architecture recommendations, utilizing tools and techniques to develop and implement project phases. This includes proven success in roles within a professional services firm or large enterprise leading and supporting teams that services clients and expertise of these areas:
- Business architectures (i.e. Knowledge or Information Architecture, Process Architecture, Organization Architecture, or Products and Services Offering Architecture) and Operations used to support creating client-driven transformation solutions throughout the transformation lifecycle (i.e. Strategy and Analysis; Design; Construction; Implementation; Operations and Support);
- Enterprise-level business solutions within industries--HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Claims, etc.;
Collaboration with Enterprise Technical Architects to create and maintain strategic roadmaps, principles, standards and reference architectures;
Engagement with business executives to define, understand and document business strategy and desired business capabilities, iterating new business capabilities into the future-state business architecture;
Maintenance of business architecture structures from business capability to process to organization, emphasizing profiles of customer events and their relationship to business capabilities;
Guidance provided to Project Architects to develop project level requirements and establish compliance with business architecture, enterprise and functional area strategic roadmaps;
Establishment of interoperability across functional domains;
Alignment with internal teams to verify budget and resource commitment to support roadmaps (via architecture dependencies and prioritization).
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and a record of success to direct and execute the following areas:
- Identify and address client needs: build solid relationships with clients; develop an awareness of Firm services; communicate with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; deliver clear requests for information; demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicate and manage potential conflicts;
- Develop strategy; as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, documenting effectively, using non-technical business terms and vocabulary that will be clearly understood by all users and co-workers; and, coordinating, facilitating and making presentations;
- Develop models (conceptual, logical, physical, as-built) for business and technology solutions;
Design and lead architecture engagements aligned to a client's business strategy;
Search and analyze large and complex data sets, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses;
-Translate end state business and technology models into architectural blueprints.
Demonstrates a proven record of success in roles within a professional services firm or large enterprise that supports a team servicing clients including:
- Understanding and documenting existing business systems and technology;
- Formulating business and technical solutions;
- Developing architecture diagrams, drawings, and visual communications;
- Gathering, analyzing and articulating high-level business capabilities and requirements.