What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Guidehouse provides management, technology, and risk consulting to clients around the world through more than 1,600 professionals in over 20 locations. At our core, we focus on building trust in society, solving important problems, and having a seat at the table for our clients’ most pressing matters. Formerly PricewaterhouseCoopers US Public Sector, Guidehouse provides the exceptional quality our clients demand with the agility and innovation to go beyond the expected.
Guidehouse is one of four organizations to receive the 2014 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The Baldrige Award is the nation’s highest Presidential honor for performance excellence, recognizing U.S. organizations for superior quality and world-class results across six categories defined by Baldrige including Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Focus, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management, Workforce Focus, and Operations Focus. For more information on our journey to performance excellence, view our winner profile on the NIST website.
Professionals at Guidehouse may be subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet related eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The State and Local Government TC (Technical Capability) Advisory practice provides individuals the opportunity to serve clients in the areas of: business design, organizational strategy, market analysis, financial modeling, operational analysis, process improvement, change management, compliance monitoring, and program management. The application of this skill set within state and local governments is delivering compelling, high impact solutions to our clients' toughest business and technology problems. The team translates strategy into action.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in key facets of state and local government, including the following sub-verticals such as Education, Housing, Transportation, and/or Administration and functional areas including strategic sourcing, shared services, economic development, sustainability, performance management, disaster recovery, and/or customer contact centers.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in core management consulting skills and the ability to lead clients through solution development including experience in areas such as application development, system implementation, and QA/QC/IVandV.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success, as both an individual contributor and team member, with identifying and addressing client needs in the following areas:- Demonstrating a blend of technology solution development, functional architecture, and program management skills;
- Conducting baseline assessments, building a future state vision, and developing actionable implementation plans;
- Preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while remaining flexible as unanticipated issues arise;
- Managing engagements and client needs;
- Leading business development opportunities;
- Prioritizing tasks in a client-driven environment;
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner;
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues, and answering questions and offer direction to staff;
- Creating a positive environment while managing staff workloads; and,
- Interfacing with organizational managers.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success, as both an individual contributor and team member, with identifying and addressing client needs in the following areas:- Exhibits IT implementation experience with experience in large-scale technology transformation programs (i.e., strategy through execution);
- Demonstrates IT strategy experience by being able to develop and document business visions, technology strategies, and project roadmaps;
- Demonstrates IT documentation skills in producing technical deliverables through all phases of the SDLC (requirements, business analyses, data-flow diagrams, data models, design);
- Communicates knowledge of the SDLC and both product and project life cycles by using business analysis and data architecture; and,
- Demonstrates program management, communication and presentation skills including the ability to liaise with technical and business teams and clearly articulate technology concepts to business audiences, in order to drive projects to completion.
Guidehouse an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.