Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society’s most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Our Finance consultants help clients optimize all elements of their finance organization, including operating model design, sustainable cost reduction, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, financial systems architecture, and full scale finance transformation. This high performing teams helps CFOs identify, design and implement programs that transform their finance function to meet today’s demanding requirements while continuing to provide value added insights to the business.
Provide additional information that is required (i.e., stated in the contract and/or necessary to perform the duties) for the requisition.
• US citizens who have or can obtain DHS suitability and work full time (or near full time) on site in Washington, DC.
• Willingness to travel to U.S. destinations following disaster event in short notice (48-72 hours) and remain deployed for up to six (6) to twelve (12) months.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field. Focus in Emergency Management, Accounting, Business, Construction Management or related field is a plus
• Minimum of 5 years of full-time professional experience in program / project management and /or disaster response and recovery operations.
• Experience in developing disaster preparation, recovery, and mitigation plans and supporting the management of Public Assistance disaster operations.
• Advance knowledge in MS Excel and Access, Adobe Acrobat Pro, SharePoint.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with team members, clients, and stakeholders with diplomacy and tact.
*Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and provides valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Provide additional information that is requested (i.e., nice to have) for the requisition.
• Previous experience working with FEMA or long-term community recovery.
• Knowledge of Emergency Management Mission Integrated Environment (EMMIE). Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following FEMA Public Assistance classroom trainings: Public Assistance Operations I (PA Ops I), Public Assistance Operations II (PA Ops II), Project Worksheet (PW) Development, Cost Estimating Format (CEF), Debris Management/Operations, 406 Hazard Mitigation.
• Strong critical thinking, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or in teams.
Security Clearance: Public Trust
With a unique blend of large firm resources and an entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your purpose, passion, and expertise transforms organizations.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50 locations.
If you’re passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at www.guidehouse.com
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.