What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Our Finance consultants help clients optimize all elements of their finance organization, including operating model design, sustainable cost reduction, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, financial systems architecture, and full scale finance transformation. This high performing teams helps CFOs identify, design and implement programs that transform their finance function to meet today’s demanding requirements while continuing to provide value added insights to the business.
Provide additional information that is required (i.e., stated in the contract and/or necessary to perform the duties) for the requisition.
• US citizens who have or can obtain DHS suitability and work full time (or near full time) on site in Washington, DC.
• Willingness to travel to U.S. destinations following disaster event in short notice (48-72 hours) and remain deployed for up to six (6) to twelve (12) months.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field. Focus in Emergency Management, Accounting, Business, Construction Management or related field is a plus
• Minimum of 5 years of full-time professional experience in program / project management and /or disaster response and recovery operations.
• Experience in developing disaster preparation, recovery, and mitigation plans and supporting the management of Public Assistance disaster operations.
• Advance knowledge in MS Excel and Access, Adobe Acrobat Pro, SharePoint.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with team members, clients, and stakeholders with diplomacy and tact.
*Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and provides valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Provide additional information that is requested (i.e., nice to have) for the requisition.
• Previous experience working with FEMA or long-term community recovery.
• Knowledge of Emergency Management Mission Integrated Environment (EMMIE). Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following FEMA Public Assistance classroom trainings: Public Assistance Operations I (PA Ops I), Public Assistance Operations II (PA Ops II), Project Worksheet (PW) Development, Cost Estimating Format (CEF), Debris Management/Operations, 406 Hazard Mitigation.
• Strong critical thinking, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or in teams.
Security Clearance: Public Trust
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.